Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Days to go: 977 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 23: This will be a short post because I still have to air practice. I'm on nephew Jim's computer, listening to some Bach from Iceberg Radio:

http://www.icebergradio.com

After discussion with TPTB (the very nice powers that be, I might add) at OTIP, it looks like no school for me in September but yes to volunteer work instead. For now. I am relieved. I have medical appointments lined up already and I just don't think it is the best thing for my grade niners to have subs at irregular times their first few weeks at school. So they will have one LTO instead, which will be better for them.

That Bach I'm listening to is so wonderful...I could just get lost in it. I remember so clearly Dr. Regula Qureshi playing a Bach chaconne on the cello in St. Joseph's Chapel (U of AB) at the blessing of the school year a long time ago. It was beyond classy.

Right, ONWARD, to air practice the exposition of the fugue. Hmmmm, I wonder if that Mike's hard pomegranate lemonade I just drank will have any effect on my concentration?

Nah.

No comments:

Post a Comment