Monday, August 16, 2010

Days to go: 964 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 36: EXCELLENT NEWS this afternoon from Dr. I. Ackerman, Radiologist Extraordinaire: the CT-PET scan showed NOTHING NEW!!! This is fantastic! So I will start radiation down at the 'Brook in a few days and will continue with it until well into September. Nun danket alle Gott!

Went to the church to practice and guess what? The keys to the organ weren't in the office, as they usually are. There was a funeral this morning and the organist probably slipped them into his pocket by mistake instead of turning them in.

So I went home and learned variation XV, one of four variations of the Passacaglia for manuals only. It will be fun to play the whole Fugue from beginning to end tomorrow without stopping.

Oh, and I tried to "play" a cadenza combining "Phantom of the Opera" with "Feller From Fortune." It kind of works if you play "Feller" in the minor mode and don't listen too carefully...

I am aware that people have been lighting candles and sending good thoughts and praying for me this past week. Thank you.

1 comment: