Saturday, August 21, 2010

Days to go: 959 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 41: Have just finished Variation 13 of the Bach -- a lovely, intricate variation with original (?) slur markings. That makes #13, #14 and #15 learned here at home on my piano.

Amused myself by accessing my radiation history charts on the 'Brook's MyChart webpage, then looked up all the terms I didn't know. Gertrude Stein had a point: "Considering how dangerous everything is, nothing is really very frightening."

Actually, another really interesting website having nothing to do with me (!) is:

http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap100720.html

... which puts up real pictures each day of sky-science related things like nebulae and galaxies and spectacular sunsets and lightning storms. (Did you miss the Perseids again this year? Alas, so did I.)

Tomorrow: a poem I've loved since I was a kid.

No comments:

Post a Comment