Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Days to go: 956 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 44: Here is the link for Bach's T & F in d:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipzR9bhei_o&pz=OC2D8D43D3EB330B7playnext=1&index=30

If the link doesn't work you could always just search: youtube Bach Toccata and Fugue, I guess.

Did not quite finish the Variation of the Day today, since the church was really busy, and I'm too tired to finish it now. But I did play the whole Fugue through on appropriate registration again today, and it was even better than yesterday, probably because I played the Fugue first, right after the warmup, instead of after I had practiced a variation.

After consultation, I've decided to return to the original idea of this blog, which was to keep track of my practicing -- a simple "plog", or practice log. Let me close with a quotation from John Wayne: "Talk low, talk slow, and don't say too much."

1 comment:

  1. Very wise to follow the Duke's example. He lasted a long time in Hollywood moving (and talking) slowly and deliberately!

    ReplyDelete