Monday, August 9, 2010

Days to go: 971 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 29: One more line of Bach learned and it is only lunchtime. Woo hoo! AND the air conditioner was on in the church. Bonus! Maybe I will learn another line on the piano at home this afternoon.

Big night tonight: meeting with TPTB at St. Leo's. It has taken me a lifetime to learn that these ministries always end at the cross, and I am filled with trepidation. Great word, that.

It is not that I don't have a lot to offer; I do. I guess it is -- and it shames me to admit this -- that I wish to make sure the work is worth the inevitable suffering, as if that were possible (to "make sure", that is). Hugh Timmons taught me a great thing: to go for the best, highest quality music. Better to suffer for that, rather than its opposite, I suppose -- since the suffering is inevitable.

Ah, church music: the triumph of hope over experience...

Jerusalem, my destiny!

No comments:

Post a Comment