Sunday, August 8, 2010

Days to go: 973 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 27: I WON THE LOTTERY!!! Ok, I needed a few more zeros, but $10 is $10. I called Suz to see if she wanted to go for coffee. (My treat!)

I think I have won the lottery, in a way. Being on LTD means that most basic living expenses are covered, and, in fact, I am not allowed to get paid for any outside work. This is why I am able to volunteer at St. Leo's. It was originally just an offer to fill in as a sub-organist from time to time, but is rapidly turning into more than that.

I do feel a responsibility to the organ profession to be paid a just "commensurate with education and experience" wage (as the job ads say), and when I return to full time teaching and am seeking out a new church position I will probably negotiate for just that.

In the meantime, I accept presents.

A gift certificate to Red Lobster would be nice. Then I could take my sisters out for a special supper to celebrate the completion of Marion's herceptin and a NED scan for her, as determined up in Sudbury this week.

I would say that Marion won the lottery this time!

No comments:

Post a Comment