Saturday, August 14, 2010

Days to go: 966 -- Pieces to go:10

Day 34: Went out to Sibbald Point (near Sutton on Lake Simcoe) very early this morning and watched the geese play in the water. It was refreshing and breezy and I happily splashed along the shore in my bare feet. Sat on a picnic table right by the beach and enjoyed the quiet and a Tim's.

Then people seemed to arrive all at once -- lots of kids wanting to swim and many adults laden with picnic baskets. Pretty soon I left. Wouldn't want to inadvertently cause anyone to develop super powers, my being radioactive and all.

Came home and learned THE LAST LINE! of the Bach. It is nice to be done. It is like building the frame of a cabinet -- now on to adding the doors and shelves and panels. BTW, Tibor's big cupboard at the church is finished already and looks like it has always been there. He has even matched the trim on the doors to the confessional.

After finishing the "work," I "played" a bit. Since I was practicing at home on the piano, I decided to see if I could improvise some "jazz." I put the word "jazz" in quotation marks because what I produced at first was pretty funny (and not in a good way!) Who knows? Maybe when I am more skilled at this I'll play in a piano bar. Or on Fr. Charles' piano. I wonder if he can set his grand player piano to karaoke?

Tomorrow: a poem by an unlikely author. Here's a hint: "Nevermore!"

1 comment: