Monday, August 23, 2010

Days to go: 957 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 43: Today I played the Fugue all the way through, full-out on a bright, clear registration. It was lots of fun to do this -- just loved it! For the BIG FINISH (after the fermata), I thought I would kick open the crescendo pedal, which had the unexpected effect of reversing the couplers, so the BIG FINISH was NOT so big!

Also, I learned another variation: #16. I find, having played over all the variations that I have practiced so far, that the notes stay in the fingers quite well, as long as I concentrate and avoid practicing mechanically during the initial learning process. That means changing something about the rep each time.

A friend sent a youTube video of Bach's famous Toccata and Fugue in D Minor played both aurally and graphically. If I can figure out how to do it, I will link it to this blog. It looks like chant notation to me.

Still waiting for the Gerre Hancock book on improvisation to arrive...

No comments:

Post a Comment