Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Days to go: 962 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 38: Keys to the Kingdom, continued...

Ron let me borrow the extra-extra organ keys from the safe, but they didn't fit the console, so here we are, twelve hours later, and no practicing done today. Sigh!

I wonder if political savvy can be reverse-inherited? The younger generation seems to have more luck at this than I do.

Must be because I am a product (or by-product, if you will) of the sixties and seventies, where being "honest and natural" and "letting it all hang out" were expected behaviours, along with "encounter groups...".

A few years ago at a PD day we were asked to get into small groups and discuss some topic involving feelings. Well, after I spilled my guts -- excuse me, I mean "shared" -- in great detail, thinking it appropriate, I noticed some discomfort in my group of mostly younger teachers, who proceeded to speak about their feelings without actually appearing to have any.

Times have changed. I wish I could. I felt exposed and embarrassed, and I still do!

No comments:

Post a Comment