Thursday, July 15, 2010

Days to go: 996 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 4: Oooooh, so hot and so tired! We had a very intense day of classes today, and it took me THREE HOURS!!! to get home. The joys of driving across Toronto downtown at evening rush hour. At least now it looks like it is going to rain -- I really enjoy the rain, sometimes.

Played the Bach, manuals only, home on the piano. And soon I will go to bed.

I am really wondering about that fermata. It just cries out for a cadenza, and I know just the man to write it: the undisputed King of Improv, Joachim Segger! I think I may have heard a cadenza there before, maybe when Marnie played the work?

Interesting conundrum. My interpretation will likely sound both conservative and Romantic, and I am tempted to make up a cadenza that will please the property manager at St. Pat's, Ron Blackmore. He wants to hear Phantom of the Opera. I can see just playing the top chromatic line a little -- not the open fifths, that would be too obvious!

But, then again, a crisp Baroque cadenza on a tracker organ would be super, especially if I played the Pass. and Fugue REALLY FAST! It might be exciting. Then again, it might not be, just as karaoke music is lots of fun -- for the singer, that is!

Tomorrow is "Christmas in July" at Tara and Dany's. If this were truly Christmas Eve I would be up to my armpits in Willcocks choral settings and chorales from the Christmas Oratorio . Those were the days!

No comments:

Post a Comment