Friday, July 16, 2010

Days to go: 995 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 5: First day without practicing. I really miss it, after only 4 days of consistent work. I would go downstairs to the piano, but it is almost 11 pm and I wouldn't want to disturb the neighbours. Maybe I should get a digital keyboard and put it in the basement where it is cool...

Today was a very sleepy day and I am having a little trouble with my kidney stent. My nurse said that if it doesn't clear by tomorrow, it's "the 'Brook" for me (Sunnybrook Health Sciences Centre). I am ok with that, but it sure is going to cut into my practice time.

A friend suggested I download the organ works onto my iPod so that I can learn them faster. That is an excellent idea and I will get my own personal computer guru right on it. Daryl Sutton, student violinist extraordinaire, loaded it last time, with the most wonderful music. How did he know that I love ABBA? Especially, "No-no-no-no-no-no-Knowing Me, No-no-no-no-Knowing You," for all you Dibley fans!

We had a fun Christmas in July at Tara & Dany's earlier this evening. There were 7 very little, very happy children there. Santa Claus even came! It was so cute, and EVERYONE was taking pictures. Soon I will find out how to post pictures on this blog. Then you will be sorry! Merry Christmas in July!

No comments:

Post a Comment