Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Days to go: 990 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 10: Got a lot done on the Bach today AND did the group presentation this morning for the course, so I feel like it is the last day of school. Five more days for the course and it will be! Tomorrow we are working on campus at the OISE computer lab, so it wil be different. Cooler, I hope.

The Bach is just lovely -- we will hold off on the "glorious" until I can play it up to tempo with the proper registration. After yet another intense day at the course it was soothing and quite relaxing to practice on the quietest of 8' flutes. NOT a day that would win the "Excellence in Innovative Practicing" award, though! I just did the reps, made some changes in fingering, and varied the rhythms a bit. When the course is finished I'll start practicing in the morning and see if that jazzes things up a little in the energy department.

Susan asked me tonight if I really had to go back to school in September. It was such an unexpected question that it totally threw me. I had been so set on returning full time that it was a big deal for me to agree to part time yesterday at the doctor's office. I hadn't even considered staying off entirely.

By September I will be over halfway through radiation treatments.

As the students would say, "CA sux!" OMG, they are right!

1 comment:

  1. I love the reference to the reps. Pieces learned using Dupre's strategy come back quickly, even years later. I look forward to hearing more!

    ReplyDelete