Friday, July 23, 2010

Days to go: 988 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 12: One step at a time for the Bach. Today I noticed that I was playing in time to the constant skritch, skritch, skritch of the ceiling fan just above the console. Well, I can't find any of my metronomes anyway, so this will make a good substitute.

Susan was away so I talked with Lois about Mary. Lois (pastoral associate) made some good points and we'll follow up on it next week.

In order to get the 10 pieces learned in 1000 days I am going to have to accomplish more each day. More "butt on the bench" time, as we used to say when I was an undergraduate. I put the score of the Durufle on the piano at home so that I could at least work out fingering and maybe do some of the manual reps.

I'm afraid that I will be competing with Yvonne's mom next door, who likes to listen to Elvis CDs. Yow! It's like having The King right there in the same room with you. And it's always, "Blue Hawaii..."

No comments:

Post a Comment