Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Days to go: 984 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 16: Yay! I passed my skills test today and we didn't even have to do open-ended questions!

We did have to do a "reflecting" statement (a paraphrase) though. "Sooooooooooooooo, you feel frustrated because you studied open-ended questions and they weren't on the assessment...".

I must say the food for this course has been outstanding. Did you know that you can make a fruit dip out of cream cheese and marshmallow fluff and it is AMAZING?

Completed another line of Bach today -- am almost a third through the fugue now. I started learning from the end of the piece to make sure the last bit could play itself, so to speak, if I were to get tired come performance time.

I remember the first surprising time I ever got tired during a performance situation. It was at the end of an Easter Vigil and luckily for me the conductor decided to do an encore of one of the choral hymn arrangements as a postlude instead of the organ piece I had prepared. I was certainly glad of the church hall coffee that night. (Wished I'd had it a bit sooner, like around the time of the homily.)

Why don't we have Starbucks like those megachurches in the States? Then again, up here, in the Great White North, it would more likely be Timmies! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment