Saturday, July 24, 2010

Days to go: 987 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 13: We were talking today about this coming April being the fifth anniversary of Larry Cortner's death. A memorial concert/get-together in Studio 18 at UWO would be a good way for his former students to celebrate his life.

I know what I would play: the Franck Priere, one of LLC's signature pieces. I have his own score with his own markings. I can think of lots of people who might attend -- not only old students, but people from his church and some of the faculty.

Denise, for sure, and Pam. I wonder if Trish and Terry would come? And Jeanette? Where are Corinne and Nancy? Paul would go for this. Maybe JSM and Dianne would come. And Derek, too.

It is not very long ago that we were so proud of LLC for winning St. Albans. And the fun we had making jokes about "Larry Who?", 'way back in the Silverwood Building.

Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment