Thursday, July 22, 2010

Days to go: 989 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 11: A strange thing happened today. I was happily packing up after some productive (mostly silent) work on the Bach and the lady who had been praying over by the Tabernacle met up with me at the door. She asked me for a ride home, since she was feeling very tired -- too tired to walk home.

I suggested she sit on the little bench just outside the front door and I went to my car and threw about a month's worth of Tim Horton's wrappers and coffee cups into the back seat so she would have a place to sit. (Yeah, I know, ewww!)

On the way to her house she told me that she was very very sad and she would have to move away from her big empty house and she was all alone and very lonely. She has a son in Stouffville but she doesn't drive. Her name is Mary.

After I dropped her off I went back to the church office to see if Susan Tuck knew anything about Mary's situation, but Susan had left for the day. I will talk to her tomorrow when I go in to practice. I think the church has an organized ministry to the elderly --or, at least, I think it did at one time.

I got home in time to watch the end of one of my favourite Star Trek Voyager eps, "Equinox, Pt.1". Wasn't concentrating on it much, though.

WWJD?

(What Would Janeway Do?)

No comments:

Post a Comment