Sunday, October 3, 2010

Days to go: 916 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 84:

[MY FRIENDS]

My only sketch, profile, of Heaven is a large blue sky...
larger than the biggest I have seen in June --
and in it are my friends -- every one of them.

(Emily Dickensen)


Note from Trude: a few days ago I posted an entry from a non-internet blog I wrote from August 2008 to August 2009. Then I removed it. But not before someone saw it! This morning I read Bill's blog response on email and decided to repost the entry due to his encouragement. I will put it in verse form in keeping with Sunday's blog format. Thank you, Bill, my friend. Here is is:

A YEAR OF ...

I believe in the prayer of the community.

One of the smartest things I ever did
was to return to St. Pat's Choir around Easter.

Members have been an amazing spiritual
and practical support,
especially during that bout of renal failure
that almost sent me to my reward a few weeks ago.

Kay M. actually offered me one of her kidneys!

The teachers at BA have been no slouches either,
that's for sure.

"Surrounded as with a shield...".

I am convinced that the people in my life
really do love me,and --
I thank you for this gift of answered prayer,
Lord.

(July, 2009)

No comments:

Post a Comment