Friday, October 22, 2010

Days to go: 897 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 103: I played through the Franck Priere today and also got some work done on Variation VIII of the Passacaglia. It feels good to be practicing again. Just like dieting, exercising and meditating -- the hardest part is the maintenance. Then again, maybe all I needed was something different to focus on for a while.

There is a wonderfully chromatic passage starting on page 24 of the Durand edition of the Franck. I think this is the most difficult part of the piece, so I will start there. It will involve going back to the stretching exercises I learned from Joachim Segger. I just barely managed to play all of the notes without arpeggiating and it will be quite tricky playing that passage up to tempo.

Tomorrow my nephew and I are headed back to the GTA. It has been a very good trip. Both my sisters are now at home in Kap, and happy to be settled in for the winter after several months away.

No comments:

Post a Comment