Saturday, October 16, 2010

Days to go: 903 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 97: No practice today. Could be, though. I am Home -- up in Kapuskasing at my sister's place. My Mom's piano is downstairs in the basement. Piano hasn't been tuned for years. It'll sound really honky-tonk when I play Bach.

There are no leaves on the trees and snow is expected any second now. A bear walked up my brother's driveway the other night, headed for the crabapple tree in his yard.

A boy I remember from high school, Joey Finley, died last week after a six-year battle with cancer. I can't believe it. Joey was in the high school choir under Dave Wittick the same time I was. After high school he went on in finance, and became interested in fund-raising. When he was in treatment he started a triathlon that raised 3.5 million dollars for Princess Margaret Hospital, the third largest funraiser and the largest third party fundraiser for the hospital. His picture on the website is just how I remember him.

http://www.joesteam.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment