Monday, October 4, 2010

Days to go: 915 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 85: I paid for my busy weekend by needing to sleep most of the day. Then out to St. Leo's for choir practice. I brought the Bach with me but did not have time to practice since prep for the choir rehearsal took so long. So, 14 days and counting to finish learning all those variations.

In his message, Bill said, "I always felt the [St. Pat's choir] was a small church within the parish." I thought about that all the way to St. Leo's. You know, it made a big difference in my attitude and behaviour before, during, and after practice.

It helped me to stay calm through the storm (more like a hurricane!) when I quite innocently said that Fr. Charles wanted us not to announce the hymns now that we have two nice new hymn boards. Eventually we will be able do it as he envisions it, of course. He has such faith in the potential of all people to grow and change!

Later in the practice when it would have been so easy to jump in and "fix" things, I just waited quietly and smiled as the conductor and the cantor worked things out. Sometimes it is good not to be so invested in having things totally my way. (Not right away, anyway!)

Felt quite weird (in a good way) on the drive all the way home.

Graced.

No comments:

Post a Comment