Friday, September 10, 2010

Days to go:939 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 61: I have just two speeds today: slow and off. Finished Variation IV at last, though! I am finding it too much to go through the entire learning process for a whole variation at one sitting. I think I will try doing all the reps for the manual parts at home (over several short practice sessions), then just adding pedal at the church.

Many exhausting medical matters to deal with today, but two very pleasant things also happened. I got up early to watch the beautiful sunrise from the park down the street, inspired by some photos sent by Henry Meredith of a dawn rainbow he and Nema saw yesterday. And then there was coffee with Susan and Suz, with considerable catching up accomplished.

I'm using wedding repertoire for preludes and postludes at St. Leo's right now. Light, pleasant, and under my fingers -- except for the Pachelbel Canon, which is more or less under my feet at times. My poor old copy, inherited from Ron Kingham a lifetime ago, is in tatters. Little bits of Pachelbel fall off and flutter to the floor as I attempt to turn the pages...

Enough slow. Time for off. Nighty-nite!

No comments:

Post a Comment