Friday, September 3, 2010

Days to go: 946 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 54: Over to St. Pat's for a quick practice of Bach and music for Sunday. I played just 8 reps of the Bach (Variation I only) and then decided to get through my prelude and postlude while the getting was good. Then home for a nap before I ended up taking it on the organ bench!

I found out that the picture I have been using in visualisation is not supposed to represent the Sacred Heart, but is actually called "The Divine Mercy" and seems to have an almost cult-like following. There is a "Divine Mercy Chaplet", a "Divine Mercy Novena", and even a "Divine Mercy Lapel Pin". Knowing all this makes the whole thing a bit -- unsettling.

Back to the music: I may have to be content with doing most practicing at home over the next little while. It takes up lots and lots of energy interacting with people at the church now. And I ran a red light and drove up on a curb today at the 'Brook. Time to slow way, way down. Think adagio rather than allegro...

No comments:

Post a Comment