Monday, September 13, 2010

Days to go: 936 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 64: Yesterday both attempts at improvising short passages were "successful" according to my present severely limited definition of success, which is: NOT obviously stumbling in front of the poor captive assembly. I closed my eyes and listened for the first, and that helped. For the second, I was watching a procession so that I could time the ending, and that also worked. Qua'pla!

Fr. Charles wrote a nice note on music for the bulletin...

Music is anything but background sound to the liturgy of the Church. It assists and enhances personal and congregational prayer; it moves us to greater and deeper contemplation of the mysteries of God; it can be a conduit through which our God speaks to and moves our hearts; it reflects God's power, love, mercy, tenderness and presence and can inspire joy, praise, conviction, thanksgiving and self-examination.

No comments:

Post a Comment