Saturday, September 11, 2010

Days to go: 938 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 62: Have started Variation V of the Passagaclia at last! Several hours were spent at St. Leo's getting ready for tomorrow. I will really have to watch it -- in my desire to do excellent work, elements of "job creep" can easily slip in.

Met Barbara, who was in the kitchen prepping sausages and making two different sauces for the pancakes at the Welcome Back breakfast tomorrow. She is bringing in an old CBW II Choir edition for us to use, so that makes a total of two! 100% better than yesterday at this time! :-)

Perhaps it would be best to begin work with the Passacaglia each day, otherwise all the details involved in preparing music for liturgy can easily take over and practicing the LIST gets edged out. Right now, it is important for me to conserve energy where possible.

Perhaps, for the church work, I will set aside a period of time each day instead of trying to do everything in just two sessions a week. Might have to work from home more, too -- can't see driving all the way to Brooklin each day, especially with my "chariot" (my 1997 Toyota Corolla) starting to feel its age. Me, too!

Tomorrow: a stirring hymn I've always liked, speaking of chariots...

No comments:

Post a Comment