Thursday, November 4, 2010

Days to go: 884 -- Pieces to go: 10

Day 116: Delicious supper tonight with musical friends old and new. They are so alive, so vital. I feel like a pale wisp of a ghost among them. But that's ok. The promise of better days to come.

We talked about Marcel Dupre and his 16-rep method. Must get back into that! Muscle memory training. Like musical weightlifting.

My generous old friend who sent me music last week started in the music program at Western the same year I did. He had Larry Cortner (of blessed memory) as his organ teacher. It will be fun to meet up with this old friend and catch up after 41 years!

I called another old friend to find out if she could send me a picture (for the Memorial Concert) of her brother who died almost 15 years ago. Will was a student of Larry Cortner's. Will's daughter is the composer Sarah Quartel.

God bless all you old and new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment