Friday, November 12, 2010

Days to go: 879 -- Pieces to go: 9.75

Day 121: This morning after seeing my nurse and printing off my course materials, I had a decision to make. Shall I work on my next course assignment or go see "Megamind"? Two equally-weighted options, in my opinion!

Well, using an unusual form of avoidance to avoid doing my coursework, I stopped off at St. Patrick's to practice. I relearned Variation VIII and played everything I knew twice. Eight variations still to learn. There was a man hidden in the shadows (very dark in the church; no overhead lights were on).

Not realizing there was anyone in the church I registered the Bach appropriately and let 'er rip! When I finished, he spoke out and thanked me for playing the beautiful music. I had trouble trying to figure out where he was sitting and it took some squinting around in the dark to find him. Creepy.

The upside: Mary Lou, Elaine, Helene and a woman I don't know were in the kitchen making sandwiches for the Bazaar tomorrow. I've been wondering about the secret of Helene's egg salad sandwiches for years. I told her I thought it was curry. Apparently not -- it is green onion. She insisted I have one, and I munched my way back to the Sanctuary.

I think I will ask my nephew to go with me to see "Megamind," and as for online course work -- byte me!

No comments:

Post a Comment